Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Transitioning

Transitions are a part of life but this one is really starting to hit me more than some. Preparing to leave Nashville in less than 2 weeks has caused a lot to sink in for me. I am thankful that our time traveling is mostly finished, but in some ways I will miss it, as crazy as that may seem! In many ways the people we have visited at these churches have been more encouraging to us than anyone else apart from our families. They have been so kind and supportive of us as we have visited and shared with them. In our last service at Peace FWB Church in Morristown, TN, the church members gathered around us and layed hands on us to pray for us. I was overwhelmed with emotion over that they would care so much we sensed that they genuinely were behind us in what God has called us to do. What a great way to end our time of traveling! I praise the Lord for the encouragement of our family in Christ all around the world! We have come to understand that in a whole new way.


Now begins the process of letting go of things here and gearing up for what is ahead. We are still trying to sell our house and my Maxima and lots of things we have here. In some ways that has felt very freeing. Letting go of our Yuki was by far the hardest thing to let go of so far. We miss her so much!


The next few months we will be living in North Carolina and attending the Center for Intercultural Training. I hope to learn a lot during our time there that will help prepare us for Spain. It is going to be hard for me being away from Eli all day during our classes, but that has helped me to realize how blessed I am to have been able to stay home with him these last nine months, even if much of that time was spent in the car! :) Right now we are in the processs of deciding what we will need with us during those three months.


We are praying and so covet your prayers that our house will sell very soon. Even if it sells while we are at CIT it will be such a relief! I know that God can do it and that He knows the exact time it needs to sell. He knows what is best all the time.


I am praying that God will use this time of transitioning to draw us closer to Him and equip us for what is ahead. We need His help so much. I feel so ill-equipped for this journey but I know that if this is what God has called us to do, He will enable us by His power at work through us. I am trusting Him to accomplish His purposes through our lives. 







2 comments:

  1. We are praying for you during this time and that your house sells sooner than later so you won't have that on your mind. We didn't attend the 3 month classes in NC but something in Colorado but I remember very well the sessions on transitioning! Praying for you and love you. Looking forward to hearing about your classes and and of course we are looking forward to having you closer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're praying for you guys. We love you so much and will miss you. It's not like we all haven't done this before (said goodbye)...but this time seems different somehow. Our lives have changed so much since Ebetsu! And even more since college! God has been extremely good to us all and He'll continue to be good.

    ReplyDelete